Friday, April 3, 2009

Okay whiners, you win--5 months






























































































































































































It is pretty embarrassing to admit that I let a whole 3 months slide by without an update, but hey, I have a newbornish baby. Quick summary of his accomplishments: he can hold his head up enough to use a Bumpo and an exersaucer, he's a very accomplished drooler, and enjoys grabbing things and shoving them in his mouth. As for speaking Latin, he may be, for all I know. He likes to sing/drone and occasionally scream. He smiles a lot, but only Mom Fox (my mother-in-law, not me) can make him laugh (grrrrrr).

After my boastful claim that my baby never gets sick, he promptly got croup, followed by a cold, followed by a different variety of cold along with an ear infection. Oh, and he has had a rash on his cheek for about 3 months. Nevertheless, we all remain in good spirits, especially because he weighs a jolly 18 pounds.

For all of you tracking parental abuse, we took a week-long trip to Montana without Louie. I was worried he might be scarred and have some sort of attachment disorder; however, he appeared to have forgotten about it within about 7 minutes upon our return. I included one skiing photo, and please notice in the background the pointy mountain. Pete skied down the mountain, starting from that point, down some chutes and rock fields (and survived). I was not so brave, but I still managed to wreck my knee in a minor wipeout. I persevered, but I'm now paying the consequences with Advil and ice.

Okay, so enjoy the pictures and videos. Since I have newly been uploading to my laptop, I will likely update more often.




2 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! He is so handsome. Good for you for going on vacation. I just want to kiss his cheeks. I love him.........So scrumptious !!!!!!!!!!

calkinsfamily said...

wow, he has changed and looks amazing. I hope all is well and cant wait to meet him in person!